Sports Premium Statement
What is the School Sports Premium?
As part of the Olympic legacy, the Department of Education and the Department of Health have made money available to all primary schools in the United Kingdom. This equates to a grant of £16000 per school, plus an additional amount per pupil in key stages one and two.
The funding is ring fenced, meaning that it can only be spent on improving the provision of physical education, school sport and healthy, active lifestyles. Suggested uses for the money include, but are not limited to:
- Providing staff with professional development, mentoring, training and resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- Hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers to enhance or extend current opportunities
- Introduce new sports, dance or other activities to encourage more pupils to take up sport and physical activities
- Support and involve the least active children by providing targeted activities and running or extending school sports and holiday clubs
- Enter or run more sports competitions
- Partner with other schools to run sports activities and clubs
- Encourage pupils to take on leadership or volunteer roles that support sport and physical activity within school
- Provide additional swimming provision targeted to pupils not able to meet the swimming requirements of the national curriculum
- Embed physical activity into the school day through active playgrounds and active teaching
Please see the attached sports premium report for information on how our money has been used to enhance sport this year and how we plan to use it in 2019-20.